Sunday 6 November 2016

M: V-neck Dress

I love layering my clothes to create a look that is both comfortable and stylish. Singapore has a very hot climate, so coats and jackets are not a suitable option when dressing to suit the local weather.

Hence, my latest style obsession was a sleeveless V-neck dress/jumper/overalls. After quite a few months of looking, I found the perfect V-neck dress at HnM. 

Everything about this dress was perfect; from the design and material, to the length and shape.


It even had pockets!

Sadly, my size was no longer in stock. [-.-;]
I wanted it so much I kept checking back for my size until it was finally taken off the shelves. *whine*

Heartbreak.. Until I found a similar dress in Indonesia!


What I love about this design is that the sides, front, and back, are open. This allows me to transform a normally loud top into a subtle inner layer, while still showcasing the key features of my corsets.
How many of us have avoided buying corsets without straps or sleeves because we felt they were too revealing/exposing? Not anymore! The thick straps add modesty by covering part of my back, chest, and shoulders. Great for those with broader shoulders and chests like me. 

I love playing with colors. Because the red corset is now on the inside, it becomes more of an undertone feature of my outfit, rather than an overtly in-your-face red.


It even has a little bow at the middle! This dress has no front/back, so I can put the bow in front for corsets with plain trims.

I like how the lace-up back peeks through. Casual and playful. I may have found the perfect outfit for daytime dates. <3


~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment