Tuesday 8 November 2016

S's First Corset: How Corsets Improve Posture

In my self-intro post, I mentioned about a corset that I tried on, which led to me work for D' Corselet. 

So here it is;

(Excuse my very-not-professionally-taken-selfie, I'm just not a photo person....)

This picture is of me wearing my first corset, F1410 Grey Denim Vest Corset, today. A great design that you can wear for casual outings or themed-events (Oktoberfest, Halloween, Wild Wild West.... just to name a few).

M and another friend of ours, E, gave this to me right after I returned from a short trip overseas, and believe me; I had no idea what it was back then, but when M put this magical garment on me, I was instantly IN LOVE! I had never seen myself standing so straight before, without any effort at all!

I used to have bad posture from constant slouching back in school days. As a result, backaches became an almost daily "visitor" even though I wasn't doing any exercise. However, after being introduced to corsets and working in this shop, I started wearing them almost daily and my posture has improved greatly! No more out-of-the-blue backaches!

If you have problems with your posture, or find that you are constantly having lower backaches while doing desk work or studying, I strongly recommend you to try using corsets to keep your back straight. 

An important note is that during the first week of wearing a corset, you will feel backaches a few hours after you started wearing, and probably from different muscles than usual. This is as you are used to slouching; the left and right side of your muscles are not evenly developed/used. Therefore, with the corset keeping your body straight, your body will need to adapt to how your muscles are used, similar to exercising the weaker muscle, resulting in muscle soreness. This slowly strengthens the weaker muscles, and once both sides of your muscles are evenly trained, your posture will become naturally straight even without a corset. You will also have lesser backaches than you used to have, while studying or working too.

Note that this is simply based on my personal experience, and only for those with minor posture issues or backaches. By any chance if you have scoliosis or intense backaches, please seek professional/medical advice, before buying a corset, as our corsets are not medical corsets.


~ S

No comments:

Post a Comment