Friday 4 November 2016

M: Miss Potato Singapore

I have been wearing corsets on a semi-regular basis these past 2 years.

The feeling of wearing a corset is very addictive. The moment you tighten it around your torso, your back automatically reverts to its naturally straight posture. It's like my couch potato slouching habit has magically transformed into Miss Pageant poses.

Here's an example of a potato in a corset. Our very first, unofficial logo. You can still see it in our facebook page's profile pictures.

My corsets make me feel like Miss Potato Singapore, instead of a regular potato.

Good corsets pull in the waist and tummy, creating an hourglass figure. I wear my corsets both on the outside and inside my clothes. Sometimes because the designs are really cool. Sometimes because i want to have a more attractive silhouette.

Like all rookies, I made the mistake of over-tightening and force bending my corsets. I was adamant on pulling my waist as much as I could, while ignoring the fact that my body was not used to wearing a corset yet.

The result? Bruises on one side, and back aches in a certain spot.

Why only on one side? Because I tend to drop things on my left.

I realized that I kept force-bending the corset against the bones. Lazy potato me could not be bothered to get off my chair and pick up things that fell off the table. So I simply held my breath and bent over on the same side repeatedly.

The back aches were also a result of over-tightening. My body was not used to wearing a corset, but I kept trying to force it into a certain shape intensively instead of gradually.

My corsets also began to tear at the seams on the same spots. That's when I realised I was mistreating my corsets, and myself.

Then I decided to loosen my corsets. Instead of pulling in as much as I could, I started lacing my corsets to fit my body shape, then pull in a few extra inchs. Viola! Instant improvement in my back health and comfort level.

The corsets still gave me an hourglass figure, albeit not as drastic as before. With time, my body adapted to the corsets, and my waist line significantly retained a corseted shape.

Now, after 2 years of semi-regular corseting (~3x/week), I can reduce my waist from 32" to 26" at its maximum, without discomfort. However, 28" to 29" is most comfortable for me, especially for full day (12 - 16 hours) wear.

In the past 2 months, I put on ~5kg due to stress and lack of exercise, but even then, with a comfortably fitted corset, my body proportions are; 37", 30.5", 41". That's a 1.58m, 65kg potato with a 0.74 waist-to-hips ratio. 

I am a sexy potato. Maybe I shall be Miss Potato Singapore.

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment