Saturday 5 November 2016

S: They're generic but they are beautiful!

Just in case you're curious, yes, all the corsets we have in store are generic. We do not have a professional corset maker in our shop, but we always try our best to procure corsets with good quality and support

I know that there are people out there who might want to tear me apart for supporting generic corsets. I have had multiple experiences, where a person will just walk in, grab our corsets and shake them the way they probably do when they are angry at someone, looked at me dead in the eyes and say 'these are not real corsets!" 

No joke. This actually happened quite a few times, and I'm still baffled every time I recalled what had happened.... I do understand that everyone can have their own opinion and everyone has the freedom to express them BUT definitely not in an aggressive way. I'm open to discuss about any issues you have in mind, but it's not called "discussing" when you're shouting at me and don't have the basic courtesy to wait until I finish my sentences

Honest saying, I do know that generic corsets are of different quality compared to custom made corsets. I have seen various custom made corsets before and can tell the differences. Generic corsets do not cinch in as much as custom made corsets do, as custom made corsets are specifically tailored to the user's ideal body measurements. So, yea, we appreciate it if you don't come and trample on us because of that anymore.

For me, there are beauties in generic corsets, and they have their purpose in the market. They serve as a more affordable alternative for beginners or for single fashion uses. There's also a difference in quality within generic corsets. A good generic corset can cinch in the waist to create a smoother and slimmer silhouette, whilst providing sufficient support for lifting up the bust and keeping a straight posture with minimal to no discomfort as long as they are properly adjusted.

So if you are the kind who thinks that only your kind of corset is the “real” corset, and the only reason for you to visit us is to roast us, kindly do not be offended when we ask you to leave our vicinity. Aside from that, you are most welcome to visit us.


~ S

No comments:

Post a Comment